Since the new school year’s starting I thought I’d dedicate the first 10 days of September to back to school ideas, tips, tricks, how to’s and routines. Although I’m not in education anymore I’ve taken what I learnt when I was in school and tried to make this a 10-day survival / advice guide, kicking it off with quick and easy breakfast pancakes. In school, I was awful at eating breakfast in the mornings, but recently I've found making these pancakes is super-fast and keeps me energised until about 10/10:30am!
•100g plain flour
•Half a banana
•2 large strawberries
1. Turn on the hob to the hottest temperature and add a small amount of oil to a frying pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, eggs and milk until the mixture is a smooth liquid.
3. Pour some of the mixture into the frying pan and wait 2-3 minutes, or until it is firm enough to lift and flip without falling apart. (also try turning the hob down a notch or two for less stick).
4. Continue to keep flipping it until it is a lighten golden brown colour, then put it on a plate.
5. I normally cover the pancake (or pancakes as it tends to be) in Nutella, chopped banana and strawberries!